"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Friday, November 18, 2011

Paint Me Pink

Walking out my front door, the dark grey clouds spit small rain drops on my face.
  
Here we go, Lord, my heart prayed... another walk together in the rain!  
  
Briskly crossing muddy fields, the grey clouds shifted and lit up in the morning's dawn.   Still grey... but not so very dark any more!  To my left, the sun rose slowly, deep reds and orange sang out, announcing his waking.  Beauty... just simple colored beauty... opened my heart to the Lord this morning.
  
In an instant the color spread and the grey, spitting clouds were painted a light, bright pink.  Awe filled my mind, as I watched in wonder the beautiful pink that covers the grey.  In my heart swelled the words,
Look at what the sun can do!


   
And a prayer issued forth from my heart, Lord, paint me pink today!
  
Paint me pink!  This grey Stephanie... paint her pink with the splash of Your color, Your Light, Your beauty!  
  
As I prayed, I was reminded of words found in Scripture this morning, tucked away in I Corinthians 15:
  
"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without effect".  His grace has it's grand effect! ...paint me pink, Lord
  
I am what I am by His grace alone!  His grace to me, every day, paints me pink.  His love over me, His light, His righteousness paints me beautiful.  Grey Stephanie, deserving nothing in her own right, was plucked out of the rubbish heap of sin and made beautiful, colored pink with His light and His righteousness.
  
And, as I walked on,  I prayed words we have been working to memorize in home school this last week:  "Father, may I grow in the knowledge of You with all wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives.  May I live a life worthy of You and please You in every way!"
  
I want to please You in every way!  May I live in the Truth that I am loved, chosen, found, and splattered pink... today!