"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Monday, October 17, 2011

Worship Through Tears and a List


She wept in my arms today.  My 12 year old daughter.  My girl.  And, I cried with her.

While curled into my embrace, she cried for the lost.  She wept for those she loves who don't know her Lord.  She spoke out her heart to God, in a loud voice, "I just want them to know!  They are missing out!  Why won't they believe?!"  Through tears her words poured forth...

These hot tears and loud voice were a moment of worship.  It was a holy moment.  A moment of intercession.  ...a deeply painful one, to be sure.  Painful for her, for me and for God.  But, it was worship.  And, I believe she cried some of God's tears today.

When we hold up our hands to God Almighty, we can worship with dance and laughter, smiles and joy  And, we can worship Him with righteous anger, deep sorrow, surrender and sadness.   Today I saw this in my daughter.

I join the worship tonight, as I type out just a few blessings...  counting sweet blessings of grace... that He has poured out in my life this week.  And, I join others at www.aholyexperience.com holding up my hands and offering my worship with gratitude.

Counting 1,000 gifts of grace:

#962.  A rainy walk with my son.

963.  A friend initiates time with me.

964.  Giggles...

968.  My man gets to go---and I already miss him.

969.  Forgiveness given that was hard to give.

976.  Laying on the grass together.

978.  She talks, animated with her hair blowing in the wind.  I love listening to her.

979.  Tears for the lost shed in worship and intercession.

Those who sow with tears, will read with songs of joy.  Those who go out weeping, carrying seeds to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with them. Psalm 126:5-6