"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Disappear into His love---for just a moment.

photo source
Did you see me outside? Did I just disappear, Mom?

She entered the kitchen and asked with a sparkle in her eye.

Huh?

I had seen her swinging in our yard. Yes, I had heard her singing at the top of her lungs as she swung, face upward and turned toward the sun! It was a beautiful sight and a moving sound.

She swung and sang. As she belted-out the worship song words, "I love the Name of Jesus!", I had smiled and wondered, "What will the neighbors think!" It was, indeed, a good and very happy thought at the time.

But, I wasn't quite sure about her "disappearing" comment as she entered the kitchen.

Did you disappear? I don't get it? I asked.

In that instant she burst into tears, unable to contain the feelings! Mom, it was like I went to heaven for a moment and was just singing to God. Her tears were tender, strong and full of passion! I just felt like I wasn't in our yard anymore! And... and... He talked to me, Mom!

Tears still streaming she came and rested her head on my chest (my arms had flung open in reaction, almost shock, to the unexpected crying).

Her face nestled into my shirt and I quietly asked, What did He say to you, my sweet-girl?
He loves me! He just loves me!! And, I don't do anything... I don't do anything to deserve it!
Awe overtook me as these deep Truths and Prophetic words came forth from her mouth.

How can words express the tenderness of that moment?!

Yes, my sweet daughter! Yes!! Yes, He does.

We embraced for just a moment more--- a sweet moment--- and then off she went, running up the stairs to something else.

A passing moment of Presence. ...the touch was deep and lasting for me. And, I pray it was lasting for her.

I will never stop being amazed at His love. For one sweet moment in time, I ---too--- disappeared into His love.

Isn't it amazing?... simply, powerfully and beyond-words amazing!?

Again today, reminded by my 12 year old, I am awed and emotional ... and grateful for His unending, faithful, excessive, merciful love.

Jesus loves me this I know... for my daughter told me so.